Want to show gratitude to your parents in honor of National Parent’s Day 2017? Just because it’s a national holiday doesn’t mean that you need an expensive gift to show your love. After all, actions speak louder than words and these 7 sweet gestures will definitely show that you care about your parents this National Parent’s Day on July 23rd.
1. Call Them: If you live far away or are not the best with keeping contact with your parents, pick up the phone or Skype your parents. It’s a small gesture that will make them feel loved and show you are interested in what’s happening in their lives. Take it to another level and establish a weekly call; your parents will love the idea.
2. Give A Card: A handwritten note is a great way to make your parents’ hearts melt because it shows that you took the time to write your feelings on paper. In honor of Parent’s Day 2017, jot down a few lines of gratitude about how your parents have positively impacted you and all the reasons you love them. Look to Pinterest or go to your local Target for stationary and ideas to make the most heartfelt card. Now, your parents can save this memento forever and look back on your note to brighten their day in the future.
3. Send Flowers: 1-800 Flowers and other sites make it easy to send flowers to your parents, wherever you live in the country. Everyone loves fresh flowers to add color to their home and day. Pick from a variety of floral arrangements and prices to send the ideal bouquet fit for your family.
4. Prepare Dinner: Nothing shows affection like a home-cooked meal. On Sunday, head over to your parents’ home and offer to make dinner. Shop beforehand and bring all the ingredients with you to be prepared. Packing your cooking essentials will demonstrate that you are serious and want to spoil your parents for Parent’s Day 2017. Try recipes that are packed with flavor and look impressive with recipes such as paella, risotto or a perfect steak dinner with veggies. Be careful, though, your parents may want you to cook for them on a regular basis after this weekend.
5. Let Them Choose the Activity: Show your parents that you care and give up control by letting them pick an activity to celebrate this weekend. It will demonstrate that you are invested in spending quality time with them, no matter what the activity is. In the end, they will be glad you are there to enjoy the experience and spend quality time with them. Who knows, they might pick something adventurous like a hike or a new restaurant for dinner to celebrate.
6. Connect With Your Siblings: If you do have siblings, ask them for help beforehand. Invite them to coffee or dinner to share your ideas for National Parent’s Day 2017. See how they want to celebrate your parents and come together for the perfect idea that includes everyone. Gather everyone together for family time, whether it’s in-person or via Skype if the whole family cannot attend. This way, your parents can enjoy their kids all at once, which is the ultimate gift they could ever receive on National Parent’s Day 2017.
7. Host a Summer BBQ: Invite your whole family over for a summer barbecue—grandparents, aunt and uncles, cousins and siblings. Your parents will love to have the whole family spending quality time together. It also opens up the door to celebrate your grandparents and everyone in the family who is a parent.
What are some other ways you celebrate your parents on National Parent’s Day 2017? Let us know by commenting below!
Looking for a new apartment home? Look no further than IMT Residential!