Are you looking for the perfect Memorial Day getaway to kick-off to the start of summer? There are so many amazing places close to all of our IMT communities for a weekend getaway, but here is what we recommend for each region.
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
- Catalina Island: Just a short ferry trip away from Long Beach, Angelinos can catch some sun and abundant ocean activities on Catalina Island. Avalon has a host of hotels and activities to choose from including boat tours, zip lining and snorkeling.
SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA
- Temecula Valley: If you love wine, try visiting Temecula. It’s only an hour away and perfect if you are looking for more of a romantic getaway with your significant other. Try renowned vineyards like Callaway and Mount Palomar, or chose from the other 40 wineries available to you.
- Sedona: Just a two-hour drive north of the Mesa/Tempe/Phoenix regions are breathtaking red rocks and the city of Sedona. Perfect for the outdoor enthusiast or spa lover, Sedona has plenty of trails and spas to choose from. Hike, bike, run, golf or relax at the spa, Sedona has it all to make the most of your weekend trip.
Gateway to Sedona
- San Antonio: Just under two hours outside of Austin is San Antonio, the perfect spot for a family vacation. Visit Sea World San Antonio for a marine life experience, or if you’re a thrill seeker, visit Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Visitors can also experience Texas history at the Alamo Mission or walk around shops and nature at the San Antonio River Walk.
- Kansas City: In the center of Texas, Dallas locals can choose to drive to neighboring cities such as Austin or San Antonio or travel out of state to Kansas City, Missouri. Take a tour at the National World War I Museum or taste delectable burgers and mint juleps. The city also has special events and festivals just for Memorial Day weekend.
- New Orleans: Travel out of state to New Orleans for some jazz and world-renowned beignets. Head out with groups of friends for a fun-filled weekend of sightseeing and food festivals that are perfect for this Memorial Day weekend.
- Colorado Springs: For the ultimate kickoff to summer, travel a couple of hours to Colorado Springs for an unforgettable weekend. Check out the 4th Annual Create Canon Balloon Classic for a look at colorful hot air balloons. The city also has the Meadow Grass Music Festival with over 20 artists and activities.
- Chattanooga: Spend Memorial Day going down the Tennessee River on a steamboat, taking in a concert, or sliding down a zip line. Chattanooga is the perfect place to start summer and it is only two hours away from Alpharetta. With the river right there, you can kayak, paddle-board or hop about a steamboat to explore the river. Downtown is packed with restaurants fit for foodies, such as Milk & Honey and bars like The Flying Squirrel.
- Cancún: Grab your passport because Cancún, Mexico is calling you. With excellent ticket prices and hotels this time of year, some as low as $50, you can have the ideal getaway that fits your budget!
- Islamorada: Just a short distance away from the Fort Lauderdale/ Miami/ Coral Springs areas is the island of Islamorada. It’s the lesser-known version of Key West with fewer people and at half the cost. Known for sports fishing, this island is a perfect family destination for water activities and fish lovers.
Adventure is just outside of your IMT community so go out and experience everything these cities have to offer this Memorial Day weekend.
Want to live in an IMT community? Take a tour of our available apartment and townhomes today!